Thanksgiving is right around the corner.. We always have the whole turkey dinner with all the things that go with it. Cranberries are always there whether anyone wants them or not;) They are just part of the tradition I guess and I love, love them however they are made. This recipe is a mix of several that I have made before. I finally just wrote my own separate recipe and it is one of my absolute favorites. The fruit + spices + fresh ginger + pecans..oh em gee, it’s a flavor explosion in your mouth! Cranberry Apple Chutney could also be a sweet gift for friends- I found these super cute little jar labels here.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar(or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Cover saucepan with lid and turn heat down to low.
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes until mixture has jam like consistency.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate overnight.
- For gifts: Sterile jars and add hot mixture.
- Cover with lids and bands.
- Allow to cool and seal.