A Lemon Strawberry Muffin recipe that are full of fresh strawberries with a hint of lemon. Perfect for Sunday Brunch!
Sundays are always a good day to make muffins, pancakes, waffles or whatever you love but, never eat during the week. Well at least that is one of my fav things to do as long as I can wear my pj’s the whole time:)
It’s strawberry season and this is one of my favorite recipes. Muffins + strawberries + lemon zest…mmmm yum!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened or room temp.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners or butter and then sprinkle with flour and tap out any extra.
- Cream sugar and butter in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add sour cream, vanilla bean paste, lemon juice and zest.
- Mix in flour 1 cup at a time, mix just until incorporated.
- Stir in diced strawberries.
- Pour batter into muffin pan filling ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown and wooden pick comes out clean.