Sweet Potato + Fig Butter Tarts are the perfect excuse to eat pie for breakfast:)
I love mini foods for some reason? They are just so tiny and cute:)
Hand pies are the best for breakfast because, you know. Pop-tarts!
So, these pies are the best and I really don’t know why I put sweet potatoes + fig butter together for Anything but, I did and it was awesome. Fig jam is fine if you cannot find butter(I found mine at Trader Joe’s). And if fig butter/jam is just not your jam at all this recipe is great without it, just add a tad more brown sugar:)
Another one of my Favorite pie recipes: Cherry Meringue Pie
- 2 pkg. pie crust (4 disc)
- 2 cups cooked , peeled, & mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup fig butter or fig jam
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar , adjust according to the sweetness of the fig butter/jam
- 2 tablespoons butter , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 10x sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- pinch of cinnamon
In large mixing bowl combine sweet potatoes with next 6 ingredients.
Roll pie crust out flat and cut into desired shapes(circles, rectangles, ect.)
Center 1 tablespoon sweet potato mixture onto the center of the bottom half of each shape.
Layer the top crust over the filling, crimp edges.
Butter jellyroll pan or line with parchment paper.
Arrange tarts on pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown.