Sweet Potato + Fig Butter Tarts are the perfect excuse to eat pie for breakfast:)
I love mini foods for some reason? They are just so tiny and cute:)
Hand pies are the best for breakfast because, you know. Pop-tarts!
So, these pies are the best and I really don’t know why I put sweet potatoes + fig butter together for Anything but, I did and it was awesome. Fig jam is fine if you cannot find butter(I found mine at Trader Joe’s). And if fig butter/jam is just not your jam at all this recipe is great without it, just add a tad more brown sugar:)
Another one of my Favorite pie recipes: Cherry Meringue Pie
- 2 pkg. pie crust (4 disc)
- 2 cups cooked, peeled, & mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup fig butter or fig jam
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, adjust according to the sweetness of the fig butter/jam
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 10x sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- In large mixing bowl combine sweet potatoes with next 6 ingredients.
- Mix will.
- Roll pie crust out flat and cut into desired shapes(circles, rectangles, ect.)
- Center 1 tablespoon sweet potato mixture onto the center of the bottom half of each shape.
- Layer the top crust over the filling, crimp edges.
- Butter jellyroll pan or line with parchment paper.
- Arrange tarts on pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown.