Easy Marinara Sauce is a big batch recipe that is a base for So many pasta dishes.
If making food ahead to make meal preps faster are a interest then this is one of the most basic recipes to make and have on hand.
Add in ground turkey, beef, sausage, or chicken to make lasagna, spaghetti, or goulash. Zoodles and sauce are great for a meatless Monday dinner:)
This pasta sauce is so easy which is always a winner with me!
- 3 (28 oz.) cans italian whole tomatoes - I used cento brand
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red bell pepper strips & carmelized onions- mezzetta brand
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 4 Teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Mince the 3 cloves garlic.
- Heat oil in large soup pot, saute the garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes and peppers into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add tomatoes and peppers to the garlic.
- Add broth, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, italian seasoning, and bay leaves.
- Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, then turn to low and simmer for about an hour.
- I usually let it simmer for closer to two hours if time allows.