Peppermint Bark + Pretzels is more a idea instead of a recipe. Just one of my favorite things to make during the christmas holidays!
Melt good quality white chips. Dip pretzels with fork and shake excess quickly, move to wire cooling rack. Go ahead and sprinkle the peppermint bits before the coating sets up.
Melt two packages of (again) good quality semi-sweet chocolate. While the chocolate is melting; line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper. Lightly butter the paper. Stir chocolate until smooth and pour onto parchment paper. Smooth out into the desired thickness. Drizzle the leftover melted white chips over the semi-sweet layer and lightly smooth out or drag toothpicks through to make a pretty design.
Arrange dried pretzels over the chocolate layers before it sets up and, finally sprinkle with more peppermint bits!
Allow the chocolate to set. Freeze for about 20-30 minutes; break into pieces.
Christmas is almost here and for once I am mostly ready for it – woohoo!
- 2 cups good quality white baking chips
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup small pretzels
- ½ cup peppermint bits
- Melt the white chips in a large cereal bowl in microwave for 1 min. & 15 seconds. Time may vary for different microwaves.
- Using a fork, dip the pretzels into melted white chips.
- Shake excess from pretzels and lay on baking racks.
- Immediately sprinkle with peppermint bits.
- Allow to set completely.
- Line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- Lightly butter the paper.
- Melt the semi-sweet chips in large bowl in the microwave for 1 min. & 45 seconds or until melted*times may vary.
- Pour melted chocolate onto parchment paper.
- Spread to desired thickness.
- Drizzle remaining melted white chips over the chocolate layer and swirl slightly with spoon.
- Arrange pretzels over the chocolate layers while still warm.
- Sprinkle remaining peppermint bits over all.
- Allow to set.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and break into shards.